Following our ISACS CEO Lucy Medlycott trip to Mallorca (Read ISACS report from Fira B – Majorca, Balearic Islands for more info), the Irish Street Arts, Circus and Spectacle Network (ISACS) is delighted to say that a partnership has emerged between ISACS member The Irish Aerial Creation Centre in Limerick, Ireland (IACC), The Performing Arts Research Centre – Centre d’Investigacio Escenica (C.In.E) Sineu, Mallorca, Balearic Islands to offer an International residency exchange in 2018 between Ireland and Mallorca (Majorca).
Irish artists are invited to apply for a two-week residency at C.In.E, Majorca in 2018 and Balearic artists will be invited to apply for a two-week residency at the Irish Aerial Creation Centre (IACC), Limerick Ireland in 2019.
Full details below.
The Irish Aerial Creation Centre in Limerick are offering one two week residency at C.In.E, Mallorca, to an Irish based or Irish born circus artist/s, group of individuals or company (max 6).
- C.In.E will offer free use of the space and free accommodation in a house at the village (up to six people in double rooms).
- The Irish Aerial Creation Centre (IACC) will offer a total grant of €1,200 towards the overall costs of the residency.
- The Irish Street Arts, Circus and Spectacle Network (ISACS) will offer mentorship and support in any application writing to source other funds towards this residency.
In 2019, IACC will reciprocate with a two-week residency for Balearic Islands' based circus artists, group of individuals or company.
ISLAND CONNECT is a collaborative program among three performing arts organisations working with residencies located on (or associated with) European islands of different countries. They are joined in this project by a common interest in contributing to the creation and consolidation of performing arts, with an important ambition to support the artists in their personal and professional development.
IACC is interested to become a member of this network, with the result that these residencies form a part of this programme, exchanging between Irish and Balearic organisations, festivals and companies.
Successful applicants for the CinE Sineu residency 2018 will be:
- Irish born or Irish based
- Current ISACS Member
- Demonstrate an interesting idea for the exploration/creation of a new piece of circus work including all aspects of circus, aerial, acrobatics, juggling, etc.
- Available on either of the dates listed below to travel to Mallorca
- Will share what they have done during their residency, as part of the Creative Intensive end of year performance in IACC*
*On December 15th, 2018: This can be in the form of an informal talk, a presentation, a video or live performance. To be discussed with IACC.
To apply you will need links to your previous work, CVs for members of your company, and a one-page proposal detailing what you hope to achieve with this residency.
You will also need to choose one of these dates:
15th – 30th October 2018 1st – 15th November 2018
Deadline for applications: May 4th, 2018
The selection panel will be made up of: