Date | September - December 2017 | Galway IRELAND
Aerial classes offer participants a chance to learn a variety of aerial skills on Corde lisse/Rope, Tissue/Silks, Trapeze, Lyra/Aerial hoop and Cocoon. Participants will also have the opportunity to focus on their favourite ones.
- Find out more: Get more information here
- Telephone: 085 1117224
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.galwaycommunitycircus.com
- Location: Galway Community Circus at St Joseph’s Community Centre, Shantalla
- When: Autumn Term (Sept-Dec)
- Opportunity Name: Adults Aerial classes Galway Sept - Dec 2017
- Type: Training and Development
We currently offer Adult Aerial courses which run for the duration of the term alongside our youth classes. Our Adult Aerial courses are designed for people aged 18+ years. We offer classes for explorer, improver and skilled level students. Aerial classes are a great way to get fit, meet new people and explore how creative you can be with your body.
Aerial classes offer participants a chance to learn a variety of aerial skills on corde lisse (rope), tissue/silks, trapeze, lyra (aerial hoop) and cocoon. Participants will also have the opportunity to focus on their favourite ones.
Our focus is on:
- Building strength and flexibility
- Building and maintaining a good level of personal fitness in a fun way
- Meeting new people in an alternative environment
- Devising routines with options to perform
All classes are held at Galway Community Circus at St Joseph’s Community Centre, Shantalla.
There is a car-park outside the community centre and the bus number 402 brings you directly outside the building. There are toilets and changing rooms at the venue.
The best type of clothing is training clothes such as leggings, a long tight top, a leotard, or a long sleeve t-shirt. It is advisable to have your skin covered especially for aerial rope. Please make sure there are no zips or sharp objects on your clothing, as these can damage the equipment. Similarly, all jewellery must be removed before class starts. Remember to bring a bottle of water with you!
What if I miss a class?
All classes must be paid for in advance. Unfortunately we cannot facilitate swapping classes or reimbursing payments for missed classes.
Explorer: Just starting out. This is really about your first year or so of training. Emphasis is on developing strength and solid basics. Unless you've already been doing a lot of training in another sport, expect this to take about a year - we all need to work on our strength and flexibility.
Improver: You've been training for about a year. You feel much stronger and you’re actually able to bring your arms up straight by your ears! You are now comfortable on the apparatus and are ready to start more dynamic moves and sequencing skills.
Skilled: You've been training for about 2 to 3 years. You're now ready to start linking sequences and ready to show off your hard-earned work. Or maybe you're just ready to push yourself even more and start linking dynamic skills. Go you!
The term fee for Adult Aerial is €190 for the Autumn term (12 weeks), €175 for the Spring term 1 (11 weeks from January to Easter Break) and €110 for Spring term 2 (7 weeks, from after Easter break to June). The term fee can only be paid in full at registration by debit/credit card (administered by PayPal).
Email email@example.com or ring 085 1117224 fore more info.
Please note that space is limited and there is often a waiting list. Contact us today to be placed on our waiting list.
- Family Circus (4 YRS+) | Galway Community Circus
- Weekend Clown Workshop 'Clowning & Circus' with Jon Davison | Dublin Circus Project
- Aerial Hoop + Flexibility Weekend with Kathleen Doherty | Dublin Circus Project
- Circus Handstands, Tumbling and Acrobatics - 4 Week Term | Circus Factory - Cork
- 5 weeks Silks Creative with Ether Productions | Dublin Circus Project